Iberia Claim

VintageTea2019

Hi just wondering has anyone any experience in dealing with Iberia airline for claims?

Flew with them recently to a destination in Spain from Dublin via Madrid and our connecting flight was re-routed to a different airport (60 mins away). Their staff in Madrid told us that Iberia staff in the new airport would arrange surface transfer for us to original destination. When we got to the airport the Iberia staff there refused to help us and told us to pay for a taxi ourselves and the Iberia staff at the final destination would sort us out.

As you can imagine this did not happen and we were told to claim the cost of the taxi (€150) online which I have done. They seem to respond with a standard response about how they apologise for failure of customer service in this instance and that's it. I've re-sent the claim (clearly marked as 'Claim' form on their website) several times to the same result.

Not sure what other options I have now. It's the first time I've ever dealt with them (or ever had an issue with an airline so have nothing to compare to) and they have appalling customer service from what I can see so far.

Is there a flight ombudsman or similar I can turn to??!

As an IAG group member, perhaps they follow the Aer Lingus model for such issues, where you might have to wait 6 months for a resolution!

Have also had poor experience with Iberia customer service. Had a small group booked returning from Spain with a connection in Madrid. Got notification a few weeks before that our flight into Madrid was cancelled and we were rebooked on to one 8 hours earlier with a long stopover in Madrid. I checked Iberia website and seats were available on flight supposedly cancelled. I rang their booking line and was told the flight was definitely cancelled.

On the day, the Iberia staff in Madrid again insisted the flight was cancelled. However it showed on the screens that it arrived on schedule, I also took screenshots of the online flight arrivals. When I made a complaint I got a standard reply apologising for the flight cancellation, saying it was out of their hands but making no reference to the evidence that the flight wasn't cancelled. A second complaint got the same reply.

As the flight originated in Spain I would have had to complain to the Spanish regulator. After a brief check online I concluded it wasn't worth it, judging by others experiences. Sounds like you may be able to complain to Irish aviation regulator, that may be more straightforward.

Back