IAPF - Cost Transparency Standard - real transparency in pension fund charges?

Dave Vanian

I read that the the IAPF is supporting and facilitating the introduction of the Cost Transparency Standard (CTS) in Ireland with the full support of the Department of Social Protection. Pension funds will participate in the programme and require their asset managers to complete Cost Transparency Standard (CTS) Templates for every mandate placed with them.

See this link.

I know nothing further about this. Does this mean that we will now have an agreed standard of transparency for all pension funds, to finally answer the question "Are there any hidden charges?"

I read that the the IAPF is supporting and facilitating the introduction of the Cost Transparency Standard (CTS) in Ireland with the full support of the Department of Social Protection. Pension funds will participate in the programme and require their asset managers to complete Cost Transparency Standard (CTS) Templates for every mandate placed with them.

See this link.

I know nothing further about this. Does this mean that we will now have an agreed standard of transparency for all pension funds, to finally answer the question "Are there any hidden charges?"
This is a welcome development.

I presume though that it’s only applicable to pre retirement pension / retirement savings schemes.

Back