I wish there was a big road

Henny Penny

... vertically through the middle of the country. It took me almost 3 hours to drive from Longford to Kilkenny today!

East /West is the worst. unless you count dublin/galway which is being sorted. try sligo/dundalk sometime. you either go up ( enniskillen) or down (mullingar) never over.

Diagonal, ie. north-west to south-east would be nice. Anyone ever try getting from Sligo to Waterford ... Dreadful!!

What about Galway to Belfast - totally crap roads all the way
Galway - Roscommon - crap road
Roscommon - Longford - crap road
Longford to Cavan to Monaghan crap , crap, crap !!!

Lakeview said:
What about Galway to Belfast - totally crap roads all the way
Galway - Roscommon - crap road
Roscommon - Longford - crap road
Longford to Cavan to Monaghan crap , crap, crap !!!

M50 - crap road

Kells to mullingar still wins as the worst stretch but I salute anyone having to negotiate a Donegal/Sligo to Waterford run. At least on the m50 you can spend the time plane spotting:D

Hi Lakeview, I drove Galway to Derry on Friday. It took 4.5 hours. It's like driving in a 3rd world country.
The drivers in Donegal are nuts! I was passed out by pretty much every car and lorry that came up behind me, even a school bus shot past me! The bus had no passengers but the driver was on the phone and I was doing 105Kmph at the time. It’s no wonder that so many people are killed on the roads up there. The average speed seemed to be about 20kmph above whatever the listed limit was…

Purple said:
The drivers in Donegal are nuts!

Not as bad as the drivers in Cork (according to deaths - [broken link removed]). They seem to take exception to being overtaken. A few times on a recent trip I'd overtake a car travelling just below the speedlimit - maybe 90kmph.

Twice they speeded up to keep me from overtaking them, and the third time after I completed the overtaking move, they immediately overtook me on a bend, as if to make a point.

I reckon that if everyone with a full licence had to take the test again in the morning, at least 60-70% would fail....daithi

Back