I-Pod

Re: iPod

Lemurz said:
Where does one find the best value in I-Pods online?

€239 for the iPod Mini 6GB on [broken link removed].

If you know someone going to the States, or living there, you can get it cheaper over there.

Before a flood of AAM members reply to say that there are other MP3 players out there, not just the iPod, you may be interested to know that the iPod Mini was just again been crowned king of the mini-capacity MP3 players in What Hi Fi magazine, having lost out 6 months ago to the Rio Carbon, due to (at the time) the Carbon's better battery life (20 hours compared to 8) and hard disk capacity (5GB versus 4).

[broken link removed][broken link removed]

Now, the iPod Mini is slightly cheaper and has a 6GB hard disk, and the battery life has been upped from 8 to 18 hours.

This and the superior sound quality (particularly when using AAC as the encoding file format rather than MP3), and the superiority of the iTunes software, makes the iPod Mini 6GB the mini MP3 player of choice.

how many tunes approx does a 6GB hold?
and does shuffle come as standard on the things?

catnic said:
how many tunes approx does a 6GB hold?
and does shuffle come as standard on the things?

Up to 1500 songs on the 6GB model according to [broken link removed].

The Shuffle i.e. Random Play is standard on all iPods and all MP3 players I would imagine.

The iPod Shufle is branded as such to make a positive out of a negative, really, that it has no LCD screen.

Hasn't stopped it selling by the truckload - it has very good sound quality, is not expensive, Flash memory is completely skip-free. Also, if you already have a full iPod or iPod Mini, it hardly makes sense buying a non-Apple model and building a second music library.

(Mind you, [broken link removed] show sales of the Shuffle slowing down, although there are [broken link removed] with a small screen coming soon, which will probably kickstart the sales again.)

Back