I Pod and MP3

M

Mrs DC

What is the difference between the two and can you get them with a radio.

Thanks

MP3 ia a format for storing music

An IPOD is a device for storing mp3 formats and others
and playing back the tunes

see

[broken link removed]

as far as I know IPOD's do not have any radio

Another player from IRiver has a radio see the H300 series.

www.iriver.com

Broken link fixed by ClubMan.

The Apple iPod (including the iPod Mini and iPod Shuffle) is just [broken link removed] of alternative MP3 players available.

The Apple iPod (including the iPod Mini and iPod Shuffle) is just one of a number of alternative MP3 players available.

The iPod is still the best MP3 player in my humble opinion...

...and also the best one according to What Hi Fi, when judged by quality of sound first, then user interface, size, features and desirability.

ipod & mp3

Ipods don't actually use mp3, they have a different apple format. Effectively it's the same thing though, and the itunes S/W you get can read normal CDs or MP3s for importing to your ipod.

Some useful links:
[broken link removed]
www.ipodlounge.com/
boards.ie (under technology/gadgets)

The consensus seems to be that other players (such as iriver), maybe technically better, but the ipod is the most stylish and user friendly. Most arguments seem to be around:
- battery life
- storage/capacity
- sound quality (but you're buying convenience, not Hi-Fi?)
(sound quality, battery life

I have an ipod mini which I got for Christmas. Find it great, get 6+ hrs out of the battery, was pretty easy to import 60-70 cds into it. Would like to have an FM radio on it as well though.

Re: ipod & mp3

Thanks for the info. will do a bit of reading from those links.

The iPod is still the best MP3 player in my humble opinion...

...and also the best one according to What Hi Fi, when judged by quality of sound first, then user interface, size, features and desirability.

Actually up to recently at least [broken link removed] tended to get better ratings on sound quality and iRiver players tended to get better ratings on features even if neither are generally not as compact or sleek or have the same marketing hype as Apple's offerings.

Ipods don't actually use mp3, they have a different apple format.

But they can play MP3s even if the "native"/default format is AAC. See [broken link removed].

get 6+ hrs out of the battery

get 6+ hrs out of the battery

I have a Creative Zen and get 24hr battery life (yes 24hrs just like it says on the box!). The Creative Zen Micro has a radio on it and has a 5MB capacity

Re: get 6+ hrs out of the battery

Any one know where to get Apple IPODs at a cheaper price??

I know where to get them at a cheaper price........... America.

I saved a good bit getting a friend to buy one when he was in the US.

Yeah - prices for gadgets/computer stuff are amazing over there. Bought for US$30 in [broken link removed] and it could have been US$20 if I'd bothered to use a colleague's US address to claim the mail in-rebate. A colleague bought a Creative Touch for the same number of dollars as it would have cost in euros. This was the case of most stuff (e.g. if an item cost Eur100 here then it cost US$100 or less there).

Back