I Phone v Nokia N97

IrishGunner

Ok have done the search and read about the Iphones on both here and on Boards

I am looking for peoples thoughts on both phones as undecided what to get

I have been a Nokia man and also a simple thing like a radio and a decent camera on the Nokia seem to sway me. Also the phone coverage I heard on the I phone is not the best but it does have more applications

So anyone got any opinions on either phone and why you chose it?

Thanks

Nokia everytime! I'm what they call a 'Nokia retard' If it's not a Nokia I just can't get the hang of it... Friend has iphone and yes it's very cool, but I can't manage texting from it :( stoopid... maybe.
The apps on iphone are easy to download and use. I expect similar from a Nokia though. Just my imput on it.. If you're use to Nokia I'd definitely stay with Nokia. The N97 is very nice, imho nicer than the iphone.

I had iPhone when they came out. I now have N97 its miles ahead of the iphone.

Saw an N97 in a carphonewarehouse and the little slider was already broken. I know this is liable to happen on demo's but it would worry me a bit on such an expensive phone.

Are the demo phones hollow.. for display purpose only?
Display phones get handled and dropped a lot by customers..
It wouldn't worry me too much.

Well think I have decided not to get the N97 and will be looking at getting one of when its due out in Oct everything the N97 is not but could take a while before it hits Ireland :mad:

Decided to get the N900 more of an internet tablet but does have a phone system some firmware updates required portrait mode, mms etc but seems to be good hype about it over on boards

Decided to get the N900 more of an internet tablet but does have a phone system some firmware updates required portrait mode, mms etc but seems to be good hype about it over on boards

IrishGunner - I was also looking at the N900 - lack of mms (while I don't use it much) would be annoying - good discussion and certainly worth reading if you are thinking of buying is at

[broken link removed]

Yeah been googling and discussing the N900 over on boards also. They have pushed back the release date for the N900 to November, initially it was October. Hopefully they have got feedback from users and given it things like MMS, Portrait view, radio etc before they officially release it?

Back