I Pad - Still unable to print anything despite assurances.

battyee

Bought an I Pad at PC world in October. Was assured by the store that a free upgrade to link with my wi fi printer would be available in mid november. No sign of it yet. Anybody out there know if it is ever going to happen or was I conned ?

Only about 10 printers are supported by apple to work properly with the latest iOS for the iPad which is 4.2.1 - have you installed it?

Pulled this list of a google search
The 10 printers that currently work are as follows. The HP ENVY100 e-All-in-One, HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One and HP Photosmart e-All-in-One, the LaserJet Pro CP1525, HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One, HP Photosmart eStation, HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One, the HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf and finally the HP LaserJet Pro CM1415f.

Software update has been available for a week. You have to connect the iPad to iTunes and then check for updates.

I got my update last week so you should be able to get yours. Obviously it depends if your printer is compatibility too. I wouldn't take the word of sales assistants.

When you are updating the OS make sure you have a lot of time to spare. Mine took about 5 hours between downloading the OS and restoring everything. Also make sure you click yes when it asks if you want to back up I usually skip this but due to problems with our internet my installation was messed up and my iPad needed to be restored to factory settings. I will relieved to have the backup.

Thanks Guys. I just downloaded the printer update but of course I did not have one of the listed printers. I decided to try a free app called printer pro lite. It linked to my printer & worked fine on the samples they showed. To use the regular product called Printer Pro I paid 8 Euro for the app. Did everything as instructed but the bloody thing just doesn't link to the same printer. Feel conned not just by PC World but now by the App. vendor too. Just maybe at some future time Apple will add either of my two printers to their list. Have to say that apart from the printing issue the I Pad itself is Bloody Brilliant.

There's a few 3rd party apps on the way which link in with your existing network PC/Mac to print which is what Apple were supposed to be providing with the new software update but scaled back and just went with the HP limited Airprint. Not defending PC World, but it was pretty much understood that the update would allow networking to a printer pretty much up until a few weeks before the software release, so they were advising you on the information Apple had provided.