I owe vat and can't pay

Wibblywobbly

Hi
Through various personal issues I have allowed a vat liability to develop. I do not have the means to pay the liability or any associated fines and penalties.

The amount is not clear yet as I am working through it now, possibly as much as 25k and is from 2010.

I am not being put under any pressure by revenue on this issue but would expect that it will happen soon.

My question is, in the event my liability is as I fear, what will happen to me.

Appreciate your help.

on a serious note im sure you will be put on a payment plan. dont stress yourself over money!

Hi Mate,

A friend of mine has been in a similar position to you.

The solution he took was either declaring him self banckrupt, or starting a phoenix company (Winding up the old company and Starting a fresh in its place with a similar trading name.)

I think it was the latter option, its completely legal, but I think entry criteria is very specific. Its worth a shot if you haven't got the money.

One bit of advice I will give you is that you 100% should not sell any of your personal assets (House/car) until you've had professional advice.

If you contact a insolvency practitioner they will be able to give you free impartial advice, I think spoke to a few of them, I've attached one to get you started www (.) clarkebell (.) com