I need your help with a survey (for my M.A.)

theoneill

Hay Guys,

I hope I can post this here as this is not a commercial project.

As part of my masters I am creating an interactive device aimed at young children.

I have put together a survey and I need as many responses as possible from parents of young kids, ideally 7 years or under.

If any AAM parents could spare 10 minutes to answer the questions it would really help me out.

No personal data is collected and it's totally anonymous.

Here's the link...

[broken link removed]

Couple of points:

A child can be 5-6 AND 6+ so which option should the parent of a 6yo choose

What is "Junior School" - I have never heard of this level in Ireland. It's either Playschool/Montessori and then Primary School AFAIK

Good points, this is only my second ever survey. It's all a learning curve.
By Junior School I meant Junior / Senior infants, probably should have been more specific in survey.

When I was of school-going age, we used the term Junior School to mean Primary School as that was what the school I attended was called; i.e. AnyPlace Junior School.

The one thing I have learned since undertaking this exercise is how much I don't know. Thanks to everyone for your comments and time.

Three of my kids are under 7. As I have to choose one which one do you want to to answer it for?

What is "Junior School" - I have never heard of this level in Ireland. It's either Playschool/Montessori and then Primary School AFAIK

My children are in national school; one in the junior school (junior infants to second class) and one in the senior school (third through sixth). Each school has it's own principal and set of teachers. Both schools are in the same building. Uniforms are similar, but different.

When I was in (a different) national school over 30 years ago, it was a similar (junior & senior) arrangement. Though, we started in 'low babies', then on to 'high babies', and not junior & senior infants :D !

My children are in national school; one in the junior school (junior infants to second class) and one in the senior school (third through sixth). Each school has it's own principal and set of teachers. Both schools are in the same building. Uniforms are similar, but different.

My child's school is the same. But the options in the survey were

1. Junior School
2. Primary School

so I was just looking for clarification here

My child's school is the same. But the options in the survey were

1. Junior School
2. Primary School

so I was just looking for clarification here

For this survey Junior School = Junior / Senior Infants

Primary school = 1st Class - 6th class

Back