I need help on selling shares

missey1978

Can anyone give me advice on how to sell shares...but in plain English!!! I know i have to get the cheapest stock broker etc but can you not just go into your bank and let them take care of it all...ie leaving it hassle free for me?? Or am I just being silly?? All help would be greatly appreciated as I want to sell them as soon as possible!

Campbell O'Connor are very good at dealing with private clients. I would say that this would be a lot simpler than going to a bank where the person you meet might not know what to do.

www.camocon.ie

On the first page, before you tick "I agree to terms and conditions", you can download an account opening form.

Fill it in
Get a copy of your passport and drivers license.
Get a copy of an esb or other utility bill which shows your address.

Go in with the form and the share certificates to their offices.

Brendan

I agree on Campbell O'Connor, very easy to get set up and very friendly and efficient to deal with. From what I have heard, most banks charge a minimum of €100 commission; never used one, so no idea whether their service warrants such a charge.

Depending on what kind of quantity you are dealing in and what markets you are with, and the particulary liquidity of the stock ie. if its a blue chip compant there spread will be very narrow ie buy and sell are almost the same price. but if you are dealing in some smaller cap stocks the spread will be quite wide and you might be better getting a broker to deal for you direct if you have al rage quantity, thie extra cost will be worth it as you will save, by virtue of him getting inside the "spread"

Hope that helps

Back