I need a sandwich. Can't you tell the time?

My secretary rang AIB couple of days ago at 4.50pm to try to arrange dollar drafts for some clients. After a bit of sighing the AIB staff member told her she'd have to ring back next day cause it was ten to five...

My secretary rang AIB couple of days ago at 4.50pm to try to arrange dollar drafts for some clients. After a bit of sighing the AIB staff member told her she'd have to ring back next day cause it was ten to five...
Maybe she meant $10 to €5?

Maybe this particular shop concentrates on sambos for earlier lunch birds and hot food for others? Maybe there is more demand and/or margin in the hot food?

Think we might be looking too deep into the lunch business. A person with any cop on would know that the majority of lunch hours are from one to two. I think the woman was just being lazy and trying to tidy off the sandwich counter for 2.

Perhaps she knew the curry was rotten and she was going to be left with tonnes of it, so it was easier to fob off SLF with that.

I think SLF is pretty sure she said 1.50, makes a lot more sense than 1.15 for running a food business.

I think the woman was just being lazy and trying to tidy off the sandwich counter for 2.

I think SLF is pretty sure she said 1.50, makes a lot more sense than 1.15 for running a food business.
Sorry - I didn't realise that you were actually there with SLF at the time.

Sorry - I didn't realise that you were actually there with SLF at the time.

Not there on this occassion, but I have been reliably informed to stay away from the curry. And the Bag.

Instead of trying to be smart, why not accept people for what they have to say? We can learn so much from other peoples experiences.