I left some stuff behind after leaving and now landlord wants rent

John07

Just wondering, I was served an eviction notice, I left two months after the eviction notice because she wants to sell. Never in arrears, gave the landlord two weeks notice. Paid the two weeks. Left the property. Left one or two things behind. Now the landlord is saying that I'm still eligible to pay rent because my belongings are still there( TV stand). And no deposit back either.

Just wondering, I was served an eviction notice, I left two months after the eviction notice because she wants to sell. Never in arrears, gave the landlord two weeks notice. Paid the two weeks. Left the property. Left one or two things behind. Now the landlord is saying that I'm still eligible to pay rent because my belongings are still there( TV stand). And no deposit back either.

They sound very unreasonable, that you vacated earlier than is required makes it even less good will

I'd give them chapter and verse of what the RTB says here

What was the move-out date on the termination notice? I'm guessing you moved out in advance of that? You have an obligation yourself in terms of providing a minimum term of notice when leaving, it sounds like you may not have given sufficient notice and rent may be due. That said, as above. most landlords would be delighted you hadn't just dug in and refused to move out.

Back