i have been getting somebody elses email into my inbox

xxx

Hi,

I have been getting somebody elses email into my inbox since i emailed them a while back. I told the person and they said they would sort it.

Its not a problem for me but would like to sort it all the same cos i am not sure if they are getting my emails as well.

Other person is elderly and prob not all that up with computers.

I dont really know them all that well either.

Re: Someone Elses Emails

The only way you could be getting their emails, is if they set up a rule to forward you their email?

This should not affect you unless you have set up a reciprocal rule.

Brendan

You'll have to explain in more detail, because what you posted so far makes no sense. That can't happen unless there some other connection, in you have similar names, or theres more connection between you than a single email.

AlbacoreA - no other connection, just one email is all i ever sent. His email is a comcast address, mine in eircom and our names are totally different.

Is he forwarding emails to you? Is your address visible in the recipient list for these emails?

Why are you worried your mails are going to him? Hes either forwarding his email to you, he set a rules, or has a virus. You obviously can check that isn't happening on your cmputer. If its a virus, either you've sent it to him, or perhaps its on his machine only. Mabe his emails are being sent to everyone in his contacts list.

Complainer, no hes not sending them to me and my address is not visible. Dont really like emailing him about it cos the man is in his eightys and i think he is doing quite well to be able to email

Has he incorrectly set your email address as his reply to address ? Do you only get mails sent in reply to his mails - if so this would be the most likely cause

Back