i found another wonder of the world

T

trekie

it must surely be a wonder of the world.... today i removed a large tree stump that was in the garden.....after digging away the dirt from the stump and removing it...i put the dirt back into the empty hole and i was left with a large mound .... ....there is now a large mound where the tree was ,.,,its like a grave,,,,, how the hell can that be

Hi Trekie,

The purpose of AMM is to ask and answer questions pertaining to personal finance in Ireland.

Since your observation does not meet any of these criteria your post has been moved from to .

I find boards.ie to be an excellent resource for these type of observations perhaps you could post the question/observation there?

aj

this also happens when you take an electrical or piece of machinery apart. last year a tape got stuck in my vcr and I opened the top, took out a few bits , untangled the tape, put it all back togeher and its working fine. eccept I had about 2 bits I couldn't find a home for in the vcr. happened with an old drill I had too which became clogged up with dirt etc. took it apart and it worked away for a good few years,but half of it went into the bin.:confused: during reassembly.
maybe the manufacturers have a little side bet on how many customers will phone in asking where the spare bits go:) .

this question not fit exactly into Miscellaneous Non-financial Questions???? Its non-financial and its miscellaneous so what the hell is wrong with it in there????? Likewise does it not fit into Homes and Gardens surely???

......jeez...just as well no one here is trying to solve world hunger..'cause the trend of the posts on this thread were..

- it first doesn't belong here
- decorate the 'problem'
- drawing similarities to something totally different
- lets see where it belongs
- documenting the 'progress' :D

..... no answer to the poster :confused:

The earth you removed was hard packed by the weight of the tree and general soil compression. Now it's loose packed. Result: a mound.
It could be pixies playing tricks on you but the chances of that are low (10-15%)...

Not if the pixies were beaten up and buried under the mound by fairies ..(20-23%).. i foresee a thread closure unless the packed soil/fairies/pixies theorists want to defend their percentages.

Back