I fixed with AIB before the rate cut announcement, do I have any comeback?

ceoldude

I drewdown a mortgage Five Year Fixed at 5.2% with AIB two weeks ago.

Do I have any come back to get the 3.9%?

Very sad

:-(

Do I have a leg to stand on in any way here. If anyone has any information on this it really would be great

I have signed and started a 3 year fixed with Haven at 4.2% as of the 7th October it seems. This is the draw down date by my solicitor. The sale did not actually complete until the 17th October. Of course I have not had any payments as of yet. Since 30th October they have now launched 3.8% rate which of course I WANT !!!!!!

Is there any way I can avail of this rate considering I have not even paid my first mortgage payment yet ? e.g. cooling off period or ANYTHING else..

Thanks for the help

I don't think that there is a cooling off period on mortgage rates. If there were, people could fix for the cooling off period and then change their mind before it expires. Had rates risen in the meantime, you would have been delighted with your fix.

...I have signed and started a 3 year fixed with Haven at 4.2% as of the 7th October it seems. This is the draw down date by my solicitor. The sale did not actually complete until the 17th October....

While not what your after, you should be able to get compensated for the period between 7th - 17th October 2014.

If it was a cheque drawn and sitting on your solicitors desk, the solicitor should be able to ask the Bank not to start charging interest on the cheque until it was cashed.

If the funds were electronically transferred to your solicitors client account, then your solicitor owes you 10 days interest, I'd think.

Back