I don't want any more paper bank statements?

S

Slippers

Hi,
I have two bank accts, one with BOI and the other with Ulster, to be honest I am sick of bank statement sent to me, as I check my accts online every day anyway.
Is the bank obligated to send paper statements or is there any way you can stop them?
thanks

I signed up for e-statements with AIB, I can view them from within online banking but you need a code card. I don't know what the criteria is with other banks but I would imagine you would have the option.

My sister is with AIB & when taking a year out travelling, asked her bank to change her statements to annual - they had no problem with this.No point in her receiving statements when she wasn't around.

Just ask your bank, its probably a matter of unticking a box.

I am with NIB myself & it is all e-banking which is great.

Your so-called statement from BOI is not technically a statement. In particular, it does not show your name and address.

The internal procedures of all banks oblige them to issue a proper statement at least annually.

Indeed and also such "statements" do not do for the CJA 1994 when opening bank accounts in other financial instituations.

"Sick" seems a bit of an overreaction to some bank statements. After all they are easily disposed of by shredding or burning if you don't want to keep them and the bank must continue to issue them with some minimum frequency.

Back