I did produce license and insurance

Paddye137

6 months ago I get stopped for driving with no seatbelt (paid the fine and took the 3 penalty points) the traffic core guard asked me to provide license and insurance details at my nominated station within 10 days, on the 9th day I do as I'm asked and yesterday i get summoned to court?? I was told to contact the guard who done me in the 1st place to explain this to him. Advice plz as i have no real evidence of producing unless my local station has cameras in the station to prove I'm there as the guard who gave me the summons said they have no access to who was working the day I produced

When you bring your license to the station, it is entered in the day book. You can ask to see the book for the relevant day. If its not there I think you are in bother.

Can someone who has been issued with a "producer" ask to have a stamped receipt or note issued by the Garda on duty confirming they've attended at the station with the relevant documents?

The Gardai write your details into a Dickensian ledger. I'm not sure what happens to the details after that. Possibly a Garda on €80,000 a year one-finger types it into a computer somewhere. If they wrote it into their ledger you can ask them to check for you.

People getting tied up in their own agendas.
I did produce license and insurance is what this thread is about

Reactions: Leo
Any chance you could put it somewhere other than "Shooting the Breeze"? I can't respond to it now as I have insufficient posts.

The Gardai write your details into a Dickensian ledger. I'm not sure what happens to the details after that. Possibly a Garda on €80,000 a year one-finger types it into a computer somewhere. If they wrote it into their ledger you can ask them to check for you.
I reported a stolen passport once and it was written into "the book". 12 months later I went down to get a kids passport form signed and when they checked "the system" for our details, they were able to tell me that I had reported a stolen passport. So yes, someone does type it in but exactly when I can't say

The odd time this happened me in the past the garda wrote it into the ledger while I was there. I'm pretty sure this is standard. Can OP clarify he saw this being done on producing ? TBH I would not have left if the garda just looked and said that's fine without me seeing some kind of notes been taken. In my little dealings with Garda in the past I always try and memorise the number the guard has on their shoulder so I can identify them later if required. Asking their name could be viewed as been smart which is why I do this.

Back