I can't seem to get quotations from anyone online - any ideas

PaddyW

I've been trying to get online quotations for mortgage protection from several online companies but all I'm getting is that they can't quote me.

Here are the terms

Male
Smoker
13/03/1981
Cover : 96000 over 35 years
Interest rate assumed : 6%

Was able to get quotations a few weeks ago, but now they all (123, la, monitum) will not provide any quotations. Any ideas why this is or would it be better to ring them direct. I have an Irish life policy with accelerated illness cover and just think I'm paying too much, from what I can see, just mortgage protection itself would suffice. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Paddy,

Cheapest quote I got was 10.96 with Eagle star with above details. Give them a call, thats life only mortgage protection. €35.91 with accelerated critical Illness.

Im not guaranteeing those quotes, but thats what I got when I put your details into my system. They are single life and dont include any loadings.

I dont understand why you couldnt get quotes online or from companys (most companys are delighted to get people in directly). If you want to shop around ask for the sales Support departments.

If you goto a financial advisor ask them for a price pledge quote if price is the most important factor for you. (they guarantee you the best price in the market).

John, thanks for that. Don't understand why I couldn't get the quotes.