i cant decide between the Samsung tocco (black), I-Phone, or the nokia N95?

M

Mark--C--

I was thinking about getting a phone but i cant decide between the Samsung tocco (black), I-Phone, or the nokia N95 any suggestions

Just got an iphone 3G last week. I had previously thought that it was a bit overhyped by all the fanboys - which it is - but dammit it's a good phone. Easy to use though battery life is ****e.

S.B.

I bought the Tocco last week and am mad about it and believe me I'm no teenager!!! Great phone. I love the scroll system, might not be a mans phone, need to be gentle with scrolling. Takes a bit of getting used to.

I have the Samsung Tocco and I liked it at the start but am really beginning to hate it. It is slow to react, and the battery life is awful (now i do listen to the radio all day), i hate texting on it so much.
My OH has the N95 and dosen't like it too much either as there is so many buttons, it just isnt simple too use (but it is a good phone).
Personally i'd get a good sony ericsson but i like sony ericssons. Dont know much about the I-Phones but i do think they look cool.

the blackberry storm is out soon, although I think it is only on the vodafone network though

"I have the Samsung Tocco and I liked it at the start but am really beginning to hate it. It is slow to react, and the battery life is awful (now i do listen to the radio all day), i hate texting on it so much. "

I have one for the last 2 months or so and I am not really a fan of it either for much the same reasons. I think the battery life is bad too and I don't use the radio. Give me a Nokia anytime.

I got the Tocco a few weeks ago. It was an upgrade from Vodafone and only cost me 99 euro. I simply couldn't justify the expense of the iPhone since I don't use it for business - and not much at all. Nor do I want to move to O2.

I actually wanted the Samsung Soul but Carphone Warehouse didn't have it in stock (and the useless Vodafone shop couldn't answer basic questions about it), so I ended up with the Tocco.

It's a lovely design and quite compelling to use. Curiously the battery life is fine normally, but when I was in the UK, bizarrely it kept running flat despite no extra usage. I'm not a great texter anyway, so I can't say it slows me down much but I can see how it would if you were really fast at it.

Worst things about it: poor instruction manual (I had to google on how to change the message alert tone; it's in a different place entirely to changing the ring tone); too easy to touch the "browser" icon in error and cost yourself 25c; too easy to touch Directory enquiries in the phonebook and cost yourself 75c.

Best things: small, natty design, 5mpx camera, bluetooth.

If it's for business use, or if you have to pay full whack for the Tocco, I'd say go with the iPhone. Apple does these things so well! (I have ipod and a mac mini so can vouch for that).

I have the Tocca & find the battery life fine (not a very heavy user of the phone)

Texting is okay if you are sitting down, but almost impossible to text on the move.

Haven;t tried any of the other phones

I bought an iphone a couple of weeks ago. Great piece of kit, works great as a phone and there's so much extra to do, and as far as updates and future additions its probably the safest bet, but if you are using the internet etc, the battery wont last a day.

Anybody tried out one of the A88 Phones from China, exactly like the Apple Phone but not, if you know what i mean!!

If you like the nokia, the N96 is now available and the N85 is meant to be coming soon.

Can anyone tell me if an iphone is bought in the USA will it work in Ireland.

got the i-phone and can't remember how i ever survived without it! fantastic for getting and sending emails on the go, and also has a good size screen for viewing attachments and pdfs.