I booked my Spain accommodation! Ever been to Calahonda?

I have heard calahonda referred to as 'little England'. That said we stayed in a friends apartment there about 6 years ago and found the place nice. It was september and quiet. There were a lot of hills in the area so walking back from the pub was a pain. We had rented a car and would have been lost without it. There was an Irish pub and a few (mostly chinese) restaurants.
If your on a package then you may be closer to the beach than we were. The beach was really nice but if you dont have a car there seemed very little to do in the area. It may be better now..

Thanks. No, we're not on a package and do have a car hired.

Hopefully it's not ''little England''!!!

would recommend a car as the beach in Calahonda is not great at all. There is a centre there with reesturaunts ect - they are nice. Avoid the 'All you can eat' places - as you will be disappointed.
Not a whole lot going on there - it is quite but nice. Go to las Chapas - next town up - eating out at the marina is nice.

All the other major places - Tormolinos/ Benalmadina etc are a taxi drive away - but again a car is recommended.

I lived in Marbella for a few years and know the area well. Drive in the direction of Marbella and take the turn off at Elviria. Go over the bridge and follow the signs for the Marriott Beach Resort. You cant get into the Marriott unless you are member but head to the bottom of this road and you have the best beach on the coast. Just past the Marriott on the beach is the world famous Nikki beach. Great spot for people watching and spending a fortune on champange and cocktails. Full of beautiful people.

If you head in the other direction there is a little place just before the big bend on the n340 road called La cala de Mijas. Theres an Irish pub there called Biddy Mulligans, they do good pub grub and its a bit of craic at night.

Went to Biddys - bad experience - food was poor - full on Irish prices - service was dreadful

Back