I bloody hate (Part I)... Sandwich prices

WhoAmI

I was sitting in traffic this morning thinking of things that really get on my...em... nerves (more polite version!). I know that some, most or all of these will very likely have already been mentioned somewhere deep in the archives of AAM, but as I needed to let off steam, I thought I'd see what other people think.

I bloody hate the price of sandwiches and rolls in supermarkets, delis, service stations, etc. I prefer a nice simple plain sandwich for lunch, usually, ham, turkey or chicken. This would consist of two slices of bread, a scraping of whatever cheapo spread is masquerading as 'butter' on that particular day in that particular establishment, and a slice or two (or handful if chicken) of my preferred meat. SuperValu in Ballaly are pleased to do this for me for €1.75 and I think it's an acceptable price.

However, some people have had the gall to attempt to charge me anything up to €5.00 for the pleasure of filling my stomach. Some places offer up to 3 'free' salad items to attempt to justify this, but when I say that all I want are the ingredients described above, the price remains the same. I have walked out of one or two shops without buying it after it was made because the pricing wasn't clear (against regulations, I know) and I only found out what the rate was when it was rung up on the till.

Anyway, that's part of the steam let off. Now, what's next?

There's a thread in the not too distant past, things that annoy you which might interest the OP