Hyundai ix35 in the snow

P

phoenixy2k

Does anyone have any experience as to who the Hyundai ix35 handled in the snow last year? I was looking at getting the 4WD version but there's a 20+ week wait on it. The sales guys reckon the 2WD version does really well in the snow.
Any opinions as to how the 2WD version got on are appreciated

Don't get a 2WD if you're worried about snow.
I saw people pushing SUVs like Qashqai, Kuga etc while the front wheels were spinning.

Big 'Soft-Roaders' will be OK in 2WD due to their weight, but smaller ones like the IX35 will be no better than a Focus/Mondeo.

Road Tyres are the main problem. Get Winter Tyres and things should be OK.

What's the difference in price between 2 & 4 WD ?

The price difference is about 5.5k, but the 4WD has a 20 week wait time. Because of this, the garage won't commit to a tradein price on my car. So it's a bit of a catch-22!

Kia won't have the 4WD models available until late 2011

One of the lads in work has a 4x4 ix35

we were all over the eastern region of ireland for bord gais it never missed a beat. He reckons it's thirsty mind in comparison to previous estate car.

Hard to justify 35k for maybe 3 weeks of bad weather a year mind.

What about a subaru Legacy all wheel drive all the time.

Or else get a spare set steel wheels and a set of winter snow tyres should be cheap now. throw then onto your front wheel drive car for the winter hell of a lot cheaper than a 4x4.

Get yourself a skoda yeti,you will not regret it.
Id say the yeti wait list is just as long for the 4x4

What about a subaru Legacy all wheel drive all the time.

Or else get a spare set steel wheels and a set of winter snow tyres should be cheap now. throw then onto your front wheel drive car for the winter hell of a lot cheaper than a 4x4.

Can vouch for the legacy. Last 2 winters ive been lucky to have it