Hurriacane Irene - Flights disrupted

tinkerbell

Hi I have been searching online all afternoon but still am not certain about the following? My sister is due home Sunday from New York. Irene is due to close JFK and she has received an email about refunds/rebooking. Neither really suit so if her flight is cancelled will Aer Lingus help her with hotels, food, etc or would she have to pay up front and claim back from them or her insurance? Problem being shes a penniless student! thanks

Hi I was caught in the ash cloud fiasco and Aer Lingus did not pay up front we rescheduled our flights several times. When we came back we sent all our accrued expenses to Aer Lingus and received a cheque to cover it but we had to pay up front. She really does have to rebook a refund is no good to her as she still has to get a flight out.

thanks for the reply. Chaotic over there as transport suspended. She was able to stay on in a hotel and rebooked for Monday fingers crossed!

my son and i were in new york. flight home was cancelled due to hurricane irene, eventually got on to aer lingus but had to spend extra 3 days . should aer lingus pay something for extra 3 nights accomodation and food?