Humming noise from DLP TV.

Pique318

Hi,

I've a 46" Samsung DLP TV and recently it's started humming when it's powered up. I read somewhere that it could be the colour wheel or the lamp.

Can anyone give me more info please ?

And no, I don't think it's humming because it forgot the words, before any smart feckers suggest that ! :)

Not trying to be funny but do others hear the humming too? I hear my tele humming sometimes but no-one else does so I reacon it's my ears!!

According to my children our television makes a very annoying high-pitched hum - we (their parents) can never hear it though. I think it is one of those sounds that can only be heard by the under 25'sish. Like this kind of thing [broken link removed]

We're well over 25, and it's not a high pitched hum...and it's not something like the 'mosquito'.

So back to the original question....any ideas ?

I'd try setting the TV to factory default settings. Then I'd try plugging it in in a different room without anything else connected to it to try eliminate the possibility that other devices or your socket are causing a 50Hz buzz problem - if the problem went away then maybe you need something like a ground-loop isolator. If the problem persists then I'd suspect a faulty power supply and I'd be returning it.

Back