Humming from LCD TV

tosullivan

I have a Mirai 32" LCD TV and lately it has started humming. Its not that noticeable but it could get worse.

Anyone any idea whats causing it? Its only 10months old

Humming is normally a transformer on its way out, even if not any humming on a modern appliance is not a good thing.

Had it on a flatscreen telly, turned out the SCART cable was damaged and once it was changed, it was fine

I just un-plugged the tv cable going into the satellite box and the humming stopped so its not coming directly from the tv.

When I start to connect the cable back into the sat box, the humming comes back.

Would that be from the co-ax cable having a bad ground or something else on the cable?

Do you have a digi box or a sky box. If so then there is a volume setting on these that may be turned down too low so you have to turn your tv volume too high (or visa versa)which does cause a humming noise

my mistake, its not a satellite box, but one on the cable....

I'll try that with the volume and see if it works

We had humming on our t.v and carried out a few reccomendations from the shop to no avail, we returned the t.v to the shop who sent it off for repair, they needed to replace a part which was going to take a while so they gave us a credit for the cost of the original tv and we just got a different one instead.

Back