HSE Respirators

He will need to be admitted to a paediatric ICU and will require access to a respirator, such is the nature and degree of his vulnerability.

Please stop spreading panic and misinformation. No children have died from this. Almost all patients with moderate and severe cases have been adults

having ventilators is one thing, though I'd be focused more on whether we have the desired number of appropriately trained staff to operate these

Please stop spreading panic and misinformation. No children have died from this. Almost all patients with moderate and severe cases have been adults
I'm writing about a specific child known to me, a child with a partial trisomy-9p and a partial monosomy-10q with both a compromised immune system and an impaired respiratory system as well as other complications. If readers are stupid enough to extrapolate from a specific child to the population in general and panic, then that is hardly my fault.

You have made a very strong claim there that no children have died from this, please provide some official currently valid support for it or you should retract your statement. It is hardly spreading panic to express concern that children - especialy those with underlying conditions - could die from this. There are news reports of deaths of children in the US and Iran.

new study, which was published online in the journal Pediatrics, looked at 2,143 cases of children with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 that were reported to the Chinese Centers for Disease Control and Prevention between Jan. 16 and Feb. 8. More than 90% of the cases were asymptomatic, mild or moderate cases. However, nearly 6% of the children’s cases were severe or critical, compared with 18.5% for adults.

Last edited:
He will need to be admitted to a paediatric ICU and will require access to a respirator, such is the nature and degree of his vulnerability.
The good news is that there are plenty of respirators. It's Ventilators that they are short of.

Poorest countries will really be hit by this. South Sudan has 2 ventilators for 12 million people.

[broken link removed]

Strange case in the High Court... A DUBLIN-BASED company has claimed before the High Court that the HSE has failed to honour a contract for the provision of 350 medical ventilators to treat those who contract the Covid-19 virus.

Back