HSE industrial action

39 hours plus paid overtime where necessary. No public sector employee should work less than 39 hours a week.

That might be 39 hrs doing nothing. I don't think watching the clock is a efficient why to improve that service. Time and motion study maybe. I dunno.

That might be 39 hrs doing nothing. I don't think watching the clock is a efficient why to improve that service. Time and motion study maybe. I dunno.

OK, fair enough but according to themselves most of them are working flat out. I'm just saying that they should do it for a full week and not work part time(ish) hours.

I think someone needs to find out why they need to work flat out. Thats a sign of a problem in a system, and it may not be shortage of people, but of poor processes which are unnecessarily labour intensive.

I think someone needs to find out why they need to work flat out. Thats a sign of a problem in a system, and it may not be shortage of people, but of poor processes which are unnecessarily labour intensive.

Perhapse their definition of "flat out" and you/my definition of it vary?

Regardless, you don't run flat out constantly. Its unsustainable. Regardless of the martyr who claims to do it.

I don't think the public would have much sympathy with the industrial action. I am only going by canteen chats and the likes, but most ordinary people believe the health service is a complete mess, and short of getting rid of everyone and starting again, it is going to continue to be a mess in the medium term.

Any chance that HSE nurses will go on strike to complain that they dont have enough work to do?

The OECD report says that we have twice as many nurses as is normal for a top level first world country.

Any chance that HSE nurses will go on strike to complain that they dont have enough work to do?

The OECD report says that we have twice as many nurses as is normal for a top level first world country.
Maybe that's why they are looking for an even shorter week