hpi check ?

positivenote

hi folkes, think ive found the car i want. Its an english car with english plates on it ant the mo but the dealer said he wouldnt let it leave the garage without irish plates being put on it and this was included in thje cost.im thinking of getting a hpi check on it befor commiting to it... has anyone done this with an import befor and if so which service is the best as i know there are a few out there. i have also read about getting an AA or RAC employee to have a look at the car befor buying... is this advisable and what would they look for?
any advice is welcome. cheers

You can use on the web to check history, written off etc. Be careful to verify both chassis no and reg with hpi.

Would be worth doing a search though ebay.co.uk for 'completed listings' for the car as there's a distinct rise in the number of cars being brought in and clocked before being sold on with Irish plates. This wouldn't show up on a hpi check.

Always worth phoning the last few garages who serviced the car to verify dates/milage and work done matchs the service history.

PM me with the reg. I can find out a bit about the car immeditely and free too!

hey all, will i need to get the cahssy (spell) number aswell as the registration number off of a uk imported car before doing a BPI check? is there anywhere to get the last registered milage checked to see if the car has been clocked?
Thanks

Did you actually bother to read my post? :rolleyes:

I specifically mentioned "be carefull to check both chassis no and reg with hpi".

I also advised "always worth phoning the last few garages who serviced the car to verify date/milage and work done matchs the service history".

sorry eurofan... long tiresome day today... posting inbetween wrking and trying to get as much info as possible before making the plunge on the car...:eek:

No probs, good luck with the purchase. Always best to err on the side of caution with something like this so hope the checks work out ok.

I would recommend paying for an engineers report which in addition to the hpi check includes a complete engineers report on the car. I bought a car from the UK recently and was very lucky to have had an engineer to check ovefr the car first.
The report cost £175 but this included a 175 point check and 10 minute test drive. They will call you the same evening with a verbal report and send a five page detailed report covering everything right and wrong with the car.
While it does seem like a lot I would highly reccommend it. I was lucky/unlucky to have paid the comapny twice as I had a deposit put down on a car subject to an engineers report and in the end the car turned out to be crap. In the end the £175 was well worth it as I now have a car that is mechanically sound.
You can find their details on [broken link removed].co.uk
Good luck​

Back