Hp photosmart 2570 Printer, cant print word docs, Error Msg :Printing USB001

Marcecie

I have a new Hp photosmart 2570 printer and after a paper jam today I am having problems.

I can print all photos I have saved but no word documents(message as follows appears) Printing USB001, but nothing happens except a message at bottom of screen says 3 documents pending. I can not print on line also.

I tried using remote assistance as I have windows vista but after 2 hours and the fact that they were in UK and I only have dial up we both lost patience.

I know very little about computers/printers so any easy to follow tips would be appreciated.

I have rechecked to make sure computer is connected to printer and it appears ok.

Re: printer problem

Try actually powering down computer and printer first.Remember the normal power button on vista usaully only puts computer into sleep mode and you need to click on right facing arrow beside power button (in Start Menu) to ascess shut down.Then start up and recheck. If this does not work, it may be printer fault. Im not familar with your exact printer but perhaps you loosened printhead/cartridge connections or spilt ink down the back of same. I would remove each print cartridge in turn, clean its connections only if necessary and check and refit.

Re: printer problem

Try actually powering down computer and printer first.Remember the normal power button on vista usaully only puts computer into sleep mode and you need to click on right facing arrow beside power button (in Start Menu) to ascess shut down.Then start up and recheck. If this does not work, it may be printer fault. Im not familar with your exact printer but perhaps you loosened printhead/cartridge connections or spilt ink down the back of same. I would remove each print cartridge in turn, clean its connections only if necessary and check and refit.

Hi, not sure what the problem was but powered off computer as you said and now all is ok.
Your help is much appreciated thanks.

Best thing to do is get rid of it to be honest. I have a photosmart and it has given me endless trouble. I regret every buying it.

Back