HP Pavillion Slimline S3115 does it have a modem

rebecca1999

Hi,
wondering if anyone can help me with this one, just been given a secondhand hp pavillion slimline s3115.uk system and I am trying to connect it to the household wifi network. cannot get anything at all, does anyone know if it has a modem. Everything else is working perfectly fine otherwise
Thanking in advance,
ps not IT savvy at all

More than likely, it has a modem, but wouldn't have a wireless card in there for wireless access. If you can get hold of a network cable, should be a slot / socket for that in the back of the machine, connect to your router to verify access.

Assuming your machine supports it, you can buy a wireless dongle for the desktop which you plug into a USB port on the computer.

Last edited:
Have a look here, and particularly the Networking section: [broken link removed]

It is configured for LAN only i.e. you connect to your router using an ethernet cable.

To make it wireless, all you need is one of these. Plug it in (use a USB port at the back), install the drivers from the included cdrom, connect to your router and away you go.