How would you get a 'Terms & Conditions' document for an online business

whiskey1

Where would you get a terms and condition document for an online business?

Are they expensive?

Would you need a solicitor for this part?

You might have to use a solicitor depending on the business and it's purpose. For businesses in the UK there are a few firms offering "template" T&C documents for web sites, and these range in price from £20 to £100 or so, depending on the purpose of the site.

There is less choice for Irish businesses however, but I came across a company in a recent search. I don't have enough posts to be allowed to provide URLs but look up netlawman dot ie.

The company offers a range of differnt T&C documents but I am not qualified to vouch for their actual legality

I was offered a T&C wording with add-on services for around €1,400 if I recall correctly.
I felt it wouldn't save you from real criminals who intend to defraud you.

It might frighten off the least competent of them.
It'll needs tailoring to best suit Irish law.

ONQ.

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life.

would concur with ong, however, on most ebay uk shops, for the big sellers, you will have a link back to their "shop". These shops usually have a t & c section.
While they are relevant to the uk, (no body reads them anyway), you could get a few ideas from them .

Please note this line in my previous post above.

"It'll needs tailoring to best suit Irish law."

I didn't just mean the nuances of precedents in relation to the law, but also in relation to your business, undertaking or profession.

A specific TAC should be focussed on protecting you in the jurisdiction you are in.
There are areas of English Law that are more developed or are different than Irish Law - party wall disputes for example.
Relying on a TAC designed for one jurisdiction may not be the best policy, particularly where it may rely on specific precedent or existing local laws.

Take legal advice re any TAC you're considering using to ensure you're covered.

ONQ.

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life.

I think its Enterprise Ireland that has Terms & Conditions and Privacy Poliice templates for websites on their website. I think thats where we got ours from, if you go to there website and enter terms & Conditions in their site serch box you shuld get it. You may have to add in your own details or make slight changes to suit your particular business like we did but saves alot of money !..

Eamonn

Take a look at what your peers use on their websites and adjust to your terms. This would be fine for most business.