How to transfer money into revolut account

Ceist Beag

I tried transferring money into my (as of yet unused) revolut account and am unable to successfully do so. When I try directly from a debit or credit card (via the Add Money option in the app) it simply says "Your depost attempt failed". I then tried via a bank transfer and this morning received an email stating "Unfortunately, we’ve had to return this transfer to the sender. There are a few reasons why this can happen - please see our Help Centre article for more information.". The Help Centre was less than helpful as none of the reasons listed there applied.
Has anyone else had similar issues and have any advice on how to top up my account?

Humm should happen instantly, have you all the two factor authentication set up on your card that you are transferring from, you know how you need to review things on your banking online app to let a payment go through?

Thanks, I got on to a helpful chap on their chat and it turns out my Revolut account was somehow a GB account and became inactive (or something like that) due to Brexit (I opened it years ago but never used it)! They are going to terminate the account for me and let me open a new one.

Back