How to spend a special day 70year old Mum on her Birthday

Happy Girl

Trying to get ideas on what myself and my two sisters can do with my mum who is turning 70 soon. Basically we want to spend the day with her and do something "different". Have ruled out beauty spa as she not particularly into that kind of thing. Has anybody done the Dublin City Tourist Bus Tour and if so would it be appropriate for a 70yr old with a nice bit of dinner somewhere special along the way. Any ideas much appreciated

Happy birthday to your mum!

If she's into gardening, you could take her to some of the bigger garden centres. My mother loves a trip to The Orchard in Celbridge, and we occasionally take a trip out there, and have lunch in their restaurant. I'm sure there are other garden centres with restaurants if Celbridge doesn't suit.

I haven't been on the Dublin tourist buses, so I can't comment on those, but I have been on the Ghost Bus tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. If your mother enjoys history, and doesn't have a problem with hopping on and off buses then it might be worth considering.

Some Dublin hotels such as the Westbury, the Gresham and the Clarence do Afternoon Tea, which would be a nice treat.

Back