How to Speed up Driving test

daveco23

The Brother has managed to get himself a fairly decent job, starting in 6 weeks. Needs to get his driving licence asap as a result, but is looking at sometime next year to sit test.
How can he get his test expedited if he needs it for work purposes?

Thanks.

Ask his employer to write a letter saying he needs to have a full licence for his job etc. and submit to Ballina.

here in canada if you take a full driving course (meaning theory and practical driving), you can get a licence faster because your limit period is reduced by 3 months...

I got a letter from my employer and had the test in Finglas about 2 or 3 weeks later.

Hi,

I applied for my test last Oct and still haven't heard anything about it. My employer has said they would write me a letter to speed up the process. How will this affect the test I applied for last Oct e.g my fee?
Also will I still be able to do it at the test center I wanted to or will I be given a different center? Thanks for your help!

A monday morning phone call will give you a definitive answer.

1890 40 60 40.

I have tried this numerous times along with e-mails and I'm getting nowhere! Will try again though!! Just thought maybe someone might have had a similiar experience.

Quick answer is your fee won't alter and your test will remain in the same test centre - any test centre change and you'll be notified.

Hi there

I got a letter from my employer ( bank ) I was on the list already 3 months ! There was a 11 month waiting time , Sent the letter to see could it be speeded up ? 1 week later i got a letter saying they could change it ,but only if i took the test in Rathgar I did not know the area at all ,but took the test ..passed first time !!

This was in 2004

So send a letter .........

Hope this helps ya....

Cheers Fatpiggy