How to set up an investment fund?

FrCrilly

Hi All,

I’m researching for a project at present. Imagine a scenario in which a genius stock market investor wanted to set up a fund investment company from which he/she could invite Joe Public to invest in.

How exactly would one go about setting up such a company from scratch? Does it need to be licensed/authorised? If yes, by what Government body? Also, is there any form of league table in which the performance of this new company’s funds could be compared to those of existing investment companies, allowing the broker community/joe public to know about it?

A few questions, but any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance for all responses.

You'd need a partner institution or broker, otherwise you would have to create your own team with compliance officers, fund managers, customer service, and get a licence. I'm sure the idea is valid, but a genius stock broker is non existent, you may have clever traders or fund managers with a good track record, no geniuses though, just informed luck.