How to send a IE web page as email attachment

runner

I use an application program that generates reports in html format and opens then in the browser. I used to be able to 'Send Page as email attachment' when using IE6, which is what I need to do. However using IE7 or later, It does not allow this and I can only 'Send Page by Email', from the browser which embeds the html report in the email, which is no use to me.
Does anyone know if there is a setting in either the browser or MS mail which controls this? Cant seem to find anything myself.
I dont want to have to go through the process of saving the report and then recalling it and attaching it that way, as its too long winded.
Any ideas?

Can you 'print' the page using Cutepdfwriter or equivalent and simply attach that way?

On IE8 you can choose from the "page" menu to "send page by E-mail" would that work ?

Yes Caveat, I could do that I assume, but it requires an additional process whereas it was seamless in the old way. The attachment used to be created automatically and an email form opened, so that one just had to type the message and append the email address. I may have to go down that pdf route if nothing else transpires - or indeed revert to IE6!

On IE8 you can choose from the "page" menu to "send page by E-mail" would that work ?

No thats the problem!
I dont want to embed the web page in the email, I want to attach it seperately. The recipient needs to print it out as a document, ie invoice, statement etc.

Can you do file -save as and save the page....then email the html file as an attachment ?

Can you do file -save as and save the page....then email the html file as an attachment ?

Yes,as stated earlier - but dont want to have to go through the additional processes each time!

Firefox seems to be the same as IE and chrome doesn't have that feature either

This seems to be the best option I have come across, I don't know if its free though

http://www.labnol.org/software/send-webpage-as-pdf-email-attachment/3990/

Just installed and tested it, set under the plugin options in firefox to prompt for email address, it seems to remotely connect to another site to do the conversion to pdf tho....test it yourself and see if it meets your needs.

Last edited:
No thats the problem!
I dont want to embed the web page in the email, I want to attach it seperately. The recipient needs to print it out as a document, ie invoice, statement etc.

When I tested it - it appeared as an attachement - however that may be because the default format for my e-mail program is plain text - therefore it adds it as an attachment - perhaps try setting the default e-mail style to plain text then see if it works - though you'll lose the fancyness of html or rtf style mail body.

Thanks rg...
What browser (and version if IE) are you using?
Also what mail client?

Ive already tried the plain text setting on MAIL within Vista with IE7 and it does not work.

Thanks paddc, will try that one later.

Thanks rg...
What browser (and version if IE) are you using?
Also what mail client?

Ive already tried the plain text setting on MAIL within Vista with IE7 and it does not work.

IE8 & Outlook 2003 on XP (All different)