How to sell my car...

Deliah

How do I go about selling my car.....I mean the money transaction part. They won't be able to pay cash so if I take a cheque how do I ensure I don't get ripped off? Should I ask for ID or something?

no mate a cheque is too risky...ask for a bank draft..and along a copy of the person's utility bill say in future if u need to post any document to them regarding the car, actually its for your own record!

Bank draft - ask the contact in bank + phone the bank it has been drawn down on.
A friend sold an item ( a lot of money) - took bank draft - long story short, it was dud!

obviously look up the bank tel. number yourself !

A Bank Draft is not much more acceptable these days than a cheque. Banks will not allow full access to funds from a lodged from a Bank Draft for a few days, and even if they do, will come after you for the money if it's dodgy.

The only way to verify a Bank Draft is to physically go into the Bank and get somebody there to phone the issuing instuitution to verify the draft is good. (The issuing Bank may not give the details to you

Back