How to save and paste a link

gebbel

Hi all,
I know how to save a web address and paste it on this forum for others to view. I would like to know how to do this so that the link is pasted without the address visible, using instead a variety words like "here", "this" or somebodys` name for example, which leads directly to the web page,

Many thanks

In relation to this site, the icon is in the toolbar when you reply to a thread (under the smiley icon). When you want to direct someone to a particular website for example, highlight the word you wish to use e.g. click "here", follow "this link" etc., then click on the link icon and paste the URL.

Only figured it out today myself!

Why can I not find that icon on my PC. Can someone guide me to it.
Do you have the WYSIWYG editor enabled in your profile?

User CP (top left of page) -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

If you have this option enabled then the link icon is in the "toolbar" at the top of the message composition area.

Does all of this anly apply to posting links to items on this website. I was hoping that it applied to links to any website so I was looking for the icon on my main toolbar.

Edited. Do not need an answer to that

Does all of this anly apply to posting links to items on this website. I was hoping that it applied to links to any website so I was looking for the icon on my main toolbar.

Edited. Do not need an answer to that
Huh? The advice above applies to any vBulletin based bulletin board. Other boards/platforms may have their own way of doing things.