How to resolve an issue with PayPal

NoRegretsCoyote

I had an issue with PayPal recently. I won't go into details but I claimed I was being billed illegitimately by a provider, in total a two-figure sum. I complained and appealed on their website (the Resolution Center) and was rejected.

I wasn't happy with this, so I wrote a letter to the CEO of PayPal Europe in Luxembourg explaining my problem.

Six weeks later I got a call from a very friendly guy in the PayPal office in Nebraska. He said he was from "Executive Escalations" - I am not sure if these are the people who deal with issues that go directly to management. Anyway once I had repeated by claim he gave me an instant credit for the full amount, no further questions.

This is probably the best way to resolve an issue with them if nothing else will. I won't post the CEO's name but if you google "PayPal (Europe) CEO" you'll find it very easily.

Then write to:

[CEO's name]
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.
22-24 boulevard Royal
L-2449 Luxembourg
Luxembourg

Another tip is if you have to call them, do it between 8am & 4 pm as you have a good chance of getting someone in Blanchardstown rather than India.