How to remove wax from bumper?

boaber

Hi all

A few weeks ago I washed and waxed my car. When i was applying the wax, I mistakenly rubbed some into the balck plastic bumper, and other plastic parts on the exterior.

Now I'm left with white streaks on the bumper that I can't seem to remove - does anyone have any tips?

I have since tried washing the car several times in garages (both drive thru and self service) and have even tried spraying on some "back to black", but this just covers it up for a week or so.

Can anyone help please?

I know the marks you're talking about, and I'm not sure if this is gonna be relevant to you, but I have heard that if you use a gas blow torch (BE CAREFUL) and very quickly wave the flame across black plastic when its faded to grey, once or twice only and from a distance, that it restores the black immediately. However, as I said, this may not be relevant to your needs, and I'd be interested to read what others advise about the wax problem.

Oopsbuddy's tip works a treat on faded, tired vinyl plastics but I wouldn't try this for your problem. Try scrubbing the affected area with some a cloth and some petrol. Wash off with water and scrub with old toothbrush.

Thanks Carpenter, would white or meth spirits work instead of petrol?

Anyway, bit of a safer option than getting a blow torch to my car

Meths probably won't work- it's an alcohol and car waxes are made using petroleum distillates so white spirit should do the trick. Petrol is good for removing those tar spots too though....