how to remove this: compassthrough

rheinie

Every time I connect to Internet explorer I get this pop up bar at end of screen.I cant close it or remove it.When I check its property I get this Type HTML. Connection Not Encrypeted . url lop.compassthrough newspass2html.How can I remove this all together I tried a number of the adaware programmes .ny ideas out there .thanks

Re: how to remove this

If it's a 'toolbar' add-in it should show up in your program files (and ad-removal software wouldn't get rid of it). Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs and see if it shows up in your list of installed programs..?If not, just look for the folder inside the C:/Program Files folder and see if there's an uninstall.exe. If not, then you could try just deleting its folder, although that's not the recommended way of getting rid of programs because it will leave behind any new entries in your Windows registry...

Re: how to remove this

Yeah, have come accross similiar things myself before. To do with the address bar. Had to go into the registry with regedit and fix the problem there.
Best thing I have done since is changed the browser I am using to Mozilla Firefox. No pop-ups since.

This looks like a browser hijack. Have a read of the "clean pc" key post at the top of the forum. Download sypbot, adaware and microsoft anti spyware beta and you should be able to get rid of this nasty tool bar. And yes, ditch MS IE and use mozillla.

ajapale

Back