How to remove section of concrete driveway

cybermate

Hi,

Would like to remove section of our concrete driveway. The driveway has no fancy finish, just floated off but with that extra smooth 4" border that you see on regular pavements.

The cut would be approx 17 ft long and I'm assuming concrete depth is 6 inches.

My main objective is to get a nice smooth/clean edge, ideally with that extra smooth 4" border. I understand that it will never be like original edge as created when it was poured/floated but I was looking for advice on how best to get close to original finish.

Would a consaw be the best option for this? Is it easy to achieve an accurate line?

Or should I look at using a floor saw or a concrete chainsaw?

Will water-fed help with smooth cut or is it just for dust control?

Any ideas on recreating the pavement border?

Thanks,
cybermate

Re: How to remove section of concreate driveway

Not sure I understand your Q, yes water fed Consaw will give a clean cut but beware concrete might be reinforced? Otherwise depth is typically 150mm/6". The chamfered edge can only be done with fresh concrete with an edging trowel. Best to round the sharp edge (cut edge) with a piece of granite otherwis the cut edge being sharp is a potential hazard.

If smooth edge is required you will have to pour a new strip and trowel etc.

Re: How to remove section of concreate driveway

I did something similar with my parents drive. I used a length of timber that I nailed in place as a guide. Although there should be no cables or pipes you might wany to chech first

Back