How to remove paint stains

peelabee

Please help - My son has ruined THREE school jackets with paint. I think it is oil based as I have washed all jackets numerous times with stain remover with no luck. He keeps his jacket on in school and it is during art that he wrecks them. I have tried asking him to remove the jackets but he forgets!! Is there anything that will remove the paint from them?
Peelabee

get him to buy a new jacket from his pocket money,if after six months it is not stained with paint,refund him,explain your reasons to him,you will find this is the best paint remover of all,that or a good sound thrashing.

Try dabbing the stains with a mixture of white spirits, fairy liquid and butter.

Got some gloss paint on a white cardigan recently. My painter used the above concoction. When I washed the cardigan every trace of the paint had gone.

Rois, Thanks for that helpful reply. I will try that this afternoon. Do I mix the spirits, liquid and butter into a paste and leave to soak in or wash straight away?

Thanks a mil

The painter told me to soak it in warm water first. To be honest I didn't do this cause I genuinely didn't believe it would work, so I didn't wash the cardie for a few days until I had a full white wash.

However, your sons coat might fade if you left it, so just dab on the white spirit, then the fairy liquid (or whatever you have) and then the butter and lightly rub them all together. Then soak before you wash.

Hope it works for you. I couldn't believe it worked as it was red gloss on a white cardie but every trace of the paint was removed.

Good luck!

Back