How to prevent Garmin windscreen mount from falling off window

Peeete

I have a Garmin sat nav with a suction windscreen mount. I have had the sat nav for about a year and in the last couple of weeks the suction does not appear to be working correctly. Simply stated I attach the suction cup against window as per normal and it grips (as per normal) but when I come back to the car in a couple of hours, or the next day it has fallen off. It appears to grip well when put on first. This has only started happening recently. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there any way to rectify it and restore its original grip?

are you making the rubber Moist ? also are you flicking up the little paddle at the back of the suction pad??

are you making the rubber Moist ? also are you flicking up the little paddle at the back of the suction pad??

I tried moistening the back (should this help?)

Yes, flicking up the paddle.

I am using it the same all year. It just seems in the last week like something has changed. It holds well when I put it on first, its only after a couple of hours it falls off.

Clean the window area and the sucker with surgical spirits or similar. Wetting it dosent work except short term.

Actually, a little spit really does help with the Garmins!

Mine use to fall off every now and then, but dab of saliva over the rubber mount works wonders ... make sure you press hard as well when affixing to the windsreen once the mount is wet

mine has stayed on for months, now

Back