How to lodge to AIB in An Post

dubdub123

I received a debit card for my sons AIB account and Id like to lodge money into his account at local post office.

Do i need to use the debit card at an ATM first? Also do i need anything else to make lodgement (eg lodgement slip)?

In our post office you just need the card and PIN. Hand the card into the teller and they swipe it or something (I don't pay enough attention) and then they ask you to enter your PIN on the keypad on your side of the counter. They'll print a couple of receipts, one of which you sign and hand back.

I don't understand why you received a card for your son's account and are contemplating using it?
He is in receipt of disability allowance and im his agent. I sent in an application to AIB for a "person in care account" (its commonly referred to as special needs account).
Im planning to use card to make lodgements on his behalf.
I will be keeping clear records of any transactions as the onus is on to do that as his agent.

In our post office you just need the card and PIN. Hand the card into the teller and they swipe it or something (I don't pay enough attention) and then they ask you to enter your PIN on the keypad on your side of the counter. They'll print a couple of receipts, one of which you sign and hand back.
Great thank you. I received the pin already. I will drop into them and try to make lodgement. Thanks

you can't use your son's debit card if you want to lodge money to his account even if you know pin etc.

just can use your internet banking wherever you bank to lodge to his account all you need is his IBAN.

If ye both with AIB just use 'pay a contact' which is newish !

not sure if ok to recommend a business here I know a great one ....as it might not be a good idea depending on your and your sons circumstances to build money up in his accounts.

all the best !

If this is a special needs bank account then you would get a debit card.... but there can be issues with this if your dependent can manage their affairs but is unlikely to be fully independent... its very individual dependant on the circumstances.

Back