How to get VAT certificate for my limited company?

SomeRandomer

Hi, I recently formed a company and registered for VAT for an IT contract where I decided to go the limited company route. The agency I'm working through are insisting on seeing my VAT cert but I googled how to find it several times and searched revenue.ie etc but no joy. I emailed my accountant who replied this:

I do not think that the revenue issue an actual certificate of registration for vat anymore. They just issue the vat number.

He's now out of office for a week and the agency want the cert by the end of the month. I registered with ros.ie and they have sent the "RAN" number to access the website by post to my address in Dublin. Problem is I'm not in Dublin at the moment and can't get back there for another week at least, and probably shouldn't until the Covid level 3 restriction is changed.

Is there any way I can get my VAT cert online?

Thanks

Ring the agency(are they Irish based?) and ask them to fish out the last successful Irish applicants vat registration certificate.
They can easily tell you what form it is then.

There are two types of Vat registration - a domestic one, for domestic sales only, and an EU one. If you have the latter registration your Vat number can be verified here https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

For a domestic registration go to the company's ROS page, look at the 'Revenue Record' sheet and then 'Registration Details'. From here you can print out the company's tax registration details. It may be slightly different as I have an agent login.

Back