How to get to the Raddison in Limerick

lettermac

Hi,

Heading down to Limerick for the Munster match on Sat and know that it can be a nightmare trying to get through Limerick around lunchtime.

From what I hear, the Raddison is on the Ennis Road. What would be the best way of getting to it coming from Dublin or would I have to go through the city?

Many thanks,

Lettermac

Unless you know the back roads, you will have to go through the city. It is easy though, just follow the signs for Ennis/Galway and you will be ok. THe hotel website says it is 5 miles from Limerick and 20 mins from Shannon, so just head out the Galway Rd and watch out for signs for the hotel.

Slim

Lettermac

As you approch Limerick do not take the bypass for Cork/Kerry, also signposted for Shannon/Galway. Drive towards the city, you pass Castletroy and come onto a dual carriageway, take the righthand lane, at Parkway roundabout - take the 3rd exit (the 2nd is into the Shopping Centre). Straight thro' all the lights (wait for green ;) ) until next roundabout, take the 2nd exit and over bridge. Straight thro' to next roundabout, take the left and continue over Thomond Bridge. Straight thro' (passing the Shrine to the Home of Rugby (TP). At next rounadbout take the 2nd exit (passing LIT on your right). This will bring you out a back road if you are not comfortable with this please reply and I'll give you directions for the main road. Continue straight out into the wilds of Co. Clare. As you leave the suburbs, the Country Club Pub will be on your right, straight on from here and take the 2nd turn to you left (it'll be about 2 miles???). This will bring you down to the back of the Hotel - turn left into the hotel driveway. You can come back the same way to Thomond Park.

Allez les Rouge

You could also take the turnoff at Bird Hill, follow the road through O Briens Bridge, over the canal and go left ... follow the road all the way to a crossroads with Barry's Shop, go left back over the canal again as far as the petrol station (Estuary I think) with and go right up through Parteen straight all the way and that will bring you to Thomond Park, go straight at the lights by Thomand Park and this will bring you out on the Ennis road

Alternatively go to Dublin airport, hop on a plane, fly to shannon jump in a taxi :p

Back