How to get to Livigno

149oaks

Looking at doing a DIY ski trip to Livigno in Feb. But not sure how to get there after flying into Malpensa, Linate or 1 of the Ryanair Airports. I'm not ruling out driving (4 of us) but want to check out buses/trains. Can't seem to get much info on these options. Anyone with any help/experiences or websites.

We traveled to Livigno Last Christmas and flew into milan (Bergamo) from Dublin with Ryanair we got a bus directly from airport to Livigno about 4 hours (maybe a little less) but we decided to take a taxi back to airport and and that was about 2 and half hours the taxi back was about 60euro for 5 of us. The bus was 25 euro each and u have to book it before hand. If we were returning we would hire a car as the journey was very straight forward but you wont need a car in Livigno. We booked a chalet from the Livigno website and was very happy with it. The trip cost us much less than a package holiday. If you want any other details maybe I can help.

we decided to take a taxi back to airport and and that was about 2 and half hours the taxi back was about 60euro for 5 of us

Was that €60 each or total ?? (bargain if it was total!!)

How would you rate the skiing in Livigno ? I've heard it can be quite busy.
Has anyone tried the Dolomites?

That was each we didn't really shop around I believe u can get it a little less. It was very quite over Christmas week but more crowded for New year day week. The one good thing about Livigno that early in the skiing season is that you are nearly guaranteed snow where as places lower down can be a bit iffy that time of the year. We hope to do the Dolomites this year but later in the season we have been told they are great by friends who have a place near there.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to get a bit more info - any train service, is the bus direct from Bergamo to Livigno, how about Linate or Malpensa to Livigno. Or is Livigno just not serviced well and car is the only real option?

Also any other good resorts (for intermediates) close to Milan that are serviced by bus/train?

No train direct to Livigno but a bus from both Bergamo airport and Malpensa airport. If you go to ski resort near Milan at Christmas you would be very lucky to get any snow we didn't see our first snow last christmas until we reached Livigno as it is one of the highest resorts.

Back