How to get rid of bees nest?

suicra05

I have a bees nest in a bird box on my barna shed. What is the best way of getting rid of it?

Re: how to rid of bees nest?

Maybe someone from the Irish Beekeeping Federation could come and take them away for you? There's some info on them here, their own site is 'under construction' at the moment.

There's another interesting article [broken link removed].

I hate to see these creatures being killed - if there's any possible way of removing them safely ...

Bees are a protected species. If you want the hive moved or otherwise dealt with get a professional. Personally I would leave it be as they will move on soon enough and shouldn't bother you if you don't bother them. Also:

Key Post: Bees/Wasps

Agree with Clubman. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone. Try sharing mother Earth? Rather than go in like a bush on fire! Position Tanks here, smart torpedoes here. come on! They never did anything to you. They are simply living there life. Anywhen its supposed to be good luck to have a hive of bees on your property. My parents have a hive both inside the attic and just outside it. They have been there for 6 years and they never did any harm.

Should be easy for an IBF person to take it away - presumably the birdbox can be removed from the Barna shed?

If that is the case, all a bee keeper needs to do is wait till dark, smoke the hive a bit, stuff the entrance and unscrew the birdbox take the hive away with him.

Contact the IBF.

Superman said:
Should be easy for an IBF person to take it away -

We had a beehive in an old suitcase in our shed. There were a couple of hundred bees. The IBF came out, said it wasn't worth his while taking them - the hive was too small and killed them.

Back