How to gamble online and get a mortgage approved

gambling online is fun but can get out of control. I know I am stating the obvious but for anyone that has experienced gambling for fun and then it was big stakes where you are chasing losses you are on to a big looser. I know what I am talking about. If you cannot quit gambling for a period of time because you see it as fun then you are fooling yourself, even if you are staking small, you are hooked and its is only a matter of time before your losses add up.

I continue to gamble online but I stake very small, win about 10% of the time and am running a small loss overall but for me the loss is worth the enjoyment I get from it. Be careful though because................. there is a fine line between enjoyment and addiction.

I never had my gambling deposits queried by the bank when applying for motgages. I can only assume it was because they were relatively small versus my bank balance but don't know for certain. I fully expected them to question it.

I do between €10 & €20 a week online, never anymore. Cheaper then going to pub for a night out at weekend!

UB look for 6 months, will query every little transaction for those 6 months, have just gone through the process, it's fine if every thing is above board, very difficult if there are items you would rather not explain, they will persevere to the bitter end, not good if you are sale agreed on a property. The stress is awful. Keep it squeaky clean for at least 6 months prior to application.

Bringing back this old thread, as I'm in a similar situation.

I want to apply for a mortgage in the next few months with Bank A (which is now my main bank for everyday use and where I have a solid history of deposit saving and growing the account balance).

However, I also have bank B which I only use for Matched Betting and similar +EV offers from bookies. I don't want to give up on this as I'm still getting a modest profit. I never move money between bank A and bank B.

Could omitting bank B when applying for a mortgage with bank A have legal consequences down the line?

Back